Dissolution of Marriage

Quick Links
Admin. Order 2013-16-12: Standing Family Law Court Order
Dissolution with Dependent or Minor Children
Dissolution with Property But No Dependent or Minor Children
Same Sex Marriage Licenses
Simplified Dissolution of Marriage

Related Links
12th Judicial Circuit

Dissolution of Marriage with No Dependent or Minor Children or Property


May be used when a spouse is filing for a dissolution of marriage, and the couple have no marital assets and/or marital liabilities and they do not have any dependent children, nor is the wife now pregnant.  You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months before filing for a dissolution in Florida. 

If you and your spouse agree on all issues and can both attend the hearing, you may want to file a petition for simplified dissolution of marriage, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure Form 12.901(a).  However, you may only file this form if all of the following are true:

  •         You have no marital assets or marital debts.

  •        Neither you nor your spouse is seeking support


 Click HERE to access the forms on the 12th Judicial Circuit website.


HOME Copyright 1998-2015 Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller. All rights reserved.
Locations: 2000 Main Street, Sarasota / 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice / Phone: (941) 861-7400
Disclaimer: Many documents on this site require a recent version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.