Dissolution of Marriage

Quick Links
Admin. Order 2013-16-12: Standing Family Law Court Order
Dissolution with Dependent or Minor Children
Dissolution with No Dependent or Minor Children or Property
Same Sex Marriage Licenses
Simplified Dissolution of Marriage

Related Links
12th Judicial Circuit

Dissolution of Marriage With Property But No Dependent or Minor Children


May be used when a husband or wife is filing for a dissolution of marriage, and the husband and wife have marital assets and/or marital liabilities but they do not have any dependent children, nor is the wife now pregnant.  You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months before filing for a dissolution in Florida. 

If you and your spouse agree on all issues and both can attend the hearing, you may want to file a simplified dissolution of marriage petition, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure Form 12.901(a). However, you cannot file for a simplified dissolution of marriage if any of the following are true:

  • You disagree about property, debts, or other matters and wish to have a judge settle them for you.
  • Either you or your spouse is seeking support (alimony).
  • You would like to ask questions and get documents concerning your spouse’s income, expenses, assets, debts, or other matters  before having a trial or settlement.
  • You would like to reserve your rights to have any matters reconsidered or appeal the judge’s decision.

Click HERE to access forms from the 12th Judicial Circuit Court

HOME Copyright © 1998-2015 Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller. All rights reserved.
Locations: 2000 Main Street, Sarasota / 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice / Phone: (941) 861-7400
Disclaimer: Many documents on this site require a recent version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.